“We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.” ~Epictetus
Find out more about how to listen better and let’s improve our conscious listening together!
There must be a good reason why we were created with two ears and only one mouth. We can be better at communication if we made more effort to listen than to speak all the time.
- Silence: Silence of 3 minutes a day helps to reboot our ears to quiet so that we can listen well.
- The Mixer: Even in a noisy environment, try to listen to as many individual channels as you can hear.
- Savouring: This is about enjoying the most mundane sounds. For instance, the sound of a washing machine. We can enjoy any sound as long as we listen.
- Listening Positions: This is the most important one. Moving your listening position to what’s appropriate. To get conscious about filters and and to move to different places.
- RASA: It’s a Sanskrit word for juice or essence and the acronym stands for Receive, Appreciate, Summary, Ask. It summarises the process of active listening.
We have helped leading brands and start-ups find fulfillment in harvesting the fruits of their labour and make an impact on triple bottom lines. Now, it’s YOUR turn! Connect with us today.