Photo Credit: IMDB
Any Star Trek fans here? Here’s a great lesson that our team put together to help you recap the five main leadership lessons from Star Trek. Enjoy your journey with starship Enterprise!
Here are a few lessons you could learn from Star Trek:
- Surround yourself with smart people and listen to what they have to say. A good leader always needs a team of excellent counsel. Hiring knowledgeable people is critical but also important to hire a diverse set of people.
- Do your homework. In a competitive environment, it is wise to take note of what others are not looking at. Successful entrepreneurs have long been lauded for observing others and going against the tide.
- Improvise and follow your intuition. In our daily lives or at work, sometimes our plans do not necessarily go smoothly. There will always be obstacles along the way. What is important is how we respond to the situation – intuition and improvisation can work wonders.
- Have a mentor and become one. A good leader-mentor has to realise the importance of putting the team above everything else. It is highly important that a good leader helps and guides the rest of the team to succeed.
- Boldly go somewhere no one has gone before. Our fear of failure might have been the biggest stumbling block, but that is beside the point. What really matters is you reach for the stars and believe that you can get there. If there is a will, there will always be a way.
We have helped leading brands and start-ups find fulfilment in harvesting the fruits of their labour and make an impact on triple bottom lines. Now, it’s YOUR turn!
If you would like to discuss more branding tips and how it can help make money work for you by building teams and systems, connect with us now for a free 60-minute consultation and need analysis.